Magic Scheduling is our powerful, new, AI-powered tool that is designed to allow school admins and teachers to effortlessly generate timetables in under 100 milliseconds with a single click.
Before you can start using Magic Scheduling there are a few settings that need to be configured.
As a teacher
- As a teacher you can go into settings in the bottom left corner and then click on Lesson Settings:
- Within here you can set your start and end time for each day
As an admin
As an admin, you can set the start and end times on behalf of the teachers.
- To do this click teachers on the left, select the relevant teacher
- At the top select Schedule settings
- Within here you can set the teacher's start and end times and default lesson lengths.
Within each learner, you need to configure a few settings before they will be included when you Magic Schedule them. These settings can be configured by either an admin or by the teachers themselves in the same way.
- Click on learners on the left-hand menu
- Select the relevant learner
- Click the edit details button
- Where you can see the details of their instrument and grade you also have a few other options
- Auto-schedule - This determines whether this particular learner is included when you Magic Schedule or not. If this is not set to enabled they will not be included when you Magic Schedule
- Lesson days - at least 1 day has to be selected in here for a learner to be included when you Magic Schedule. You can select multiple days and Magic Scheduling will pick the best slot across any of those days
- Fixed time - this is used for students who have to have a lesson at the same time each week. If you tick this then the lesson will always occur at the same time.
- At - this is where you can set what time the lesson occurs if it is at a fixed time
- Length - this will always be the default unless overridden but can be changed for learners that have shorter or longer lessons.
Once you've configured these settings you're ready to use magic scheduling.
How to Magic Schedule
From your lesson planner view click the "Schedule Week" button in the top right-hand corner and the AI-powered tool will take into account all of the above settings and any restrictions plus when the learner has had lessons previously and will add a draft lesson for all relevant learners. Once you've checked that you're happy with the lessons you can publish as normal.
If you already have some lessons or empty slots in your timetable the schedule button changes to publish, however, you can still use Magic Schedule the remaining learners by clicking the down arrow next to publish and then selecting schedule week.
You can also Magic Schedule for specific days rather than the whole week. To do this use the ... icon at the top of the relevant day.