The first thing to do, after logging in to Practice Pal, is to configure your settings
In this section:
Step 1: Adding other administrators
The first step is to add any extra administrators to the system.
- To do this click into Settings:
- Once in settings click on Administrators at the top:
- Click "Add administrator" and enter the name and email address into the pop up:
- The Administrator will then get an email inviting them to Practice Pal and will be able to assist with the rest of the configuration
Step 2: Timetable length and Term Dates
- From the Settings area (see above) click into the Settings tab:
- From within here you can set your timetable length which determines whether you will be able to set timetable restrictions on a 1 or 2 week basis:
Once you've set your timetable length you can enter your term dates into the box below using the green plus to add the next term:
We recommend adding each term separately to help you keep track of past, current and future lessons more effectively.
We also recommend ignoring bank holidays and inset days in this section and adding these in the restrictions calendar later on.
Step 3: General Settings
The final area to configure in your settings is the General Settings.
- Hide weekends in calendar - ticking this box will hide weekends from all calendars in the app (including restrictions):
- Below this is the Default lesson length - this is the length of your instrumental lessons and will be the default length when you add a lesson to the calendar (this can be overridden when you add a lesson)
- On the right hand side of this section is the default restriction length. For most schools this will be the length of normal lessons as this option affects the default length of new restrictions that are added to the calendar (this can be overridden when you add a restriction)