Once you've added all of your teachers you can start adding your learners, the teachers don't need to have accepted the link and logged in yet, you can do this as soon as you've added them to the Teachers area.
Before you start adding Learners we recommend putting together a list of all your students, grouped by Teacher so you can just copy and paste these into Practice Pal rather than having to enter them all manually.
Adding your learners
- Click Learners on the left-hand side:
- Click Add learner at the top:
- Select which Teacher this learner will be attached to:
- The system should automatically match them to a student in your MIS, if not this is usually because the name in MIS is slightly different, try searching for these students by nickname or surname if this happens
- Once you've added your list the system should pull their email address from your MIS, if it doesn't get in touch with us and we'll look into this for you.
- Select the instrument these Learners are learning, their grade and the day (this can be ignored if students can have lessons over multiple days)
- The next page displays the welcome email that will be sent to the Learners parent or guardian, you can change the text or add any additional information you need to in the body of the email:
- Click Invite Learner and the email will be sent allowing them to create their account