Once you've added your Teachers and Learners the last essential bit to do is to add your restrictions and then your teachers can start scheduling their lessons.
There are a couple of different ways to add restrictions to Practice Pal depending on what kind of restriction you're adding.
MIS Subject restrictions
You can add restrictions directly from your School's MIS by setting the year and subject(s), this will automatically create restrictions for those subjects for that year group. If the year is split into sets and they have subjects at different times it will create relevant blocks for each learner.
- Click settings on the left-hand side:
- At the top click into MIS:
- Under the MIS Subject Restrictions click Edit:
- Add a year group and the relevant subject(s):
- Click Add Year group and add any additional years and subjects
- Click Save
- You can also select if you want teachers to be notified of students missing their lessons:
Adding manual restrictions
The other way to add restrictions is through the calendar view.
- Select Calendar from the left-hand side:
- Select restrictions at the top:
- Click add restrictions in the top right
- Give your restriction a clear name
- Select if this restriction is a one off or recurring restriction
- Add the date/ dates of the restriction
- Select if the restriction applies to the whole school, an individual learner or learners, a year or class or a specific tag:
- Click add restriction to save