Once you've completed the Essentials checklist you are ready to go live but there are some optional extras you might want to configure beforehand one of these extras is setting up Groups or Ensembles
Teachers can add their own groups and Ensembles or, as an admin, you can create these for them
What's The Difference Between a Group and an Ensemble?
Groups are for learners who are learning at the same time but not learning to play together. These can only be attached to one teacher and the learners have to be added as 1:1 learners with that teacher too.
Ensembles are for learners who are learning to play together (i.e. a band, orchestra, quartet etc). These can have multiple teachers that teach the ensemble attached and any learner can be added to an ensemble, even if they don't have 1:1 lessons with any of the teachers (although they do have to exist within Practice Pal).
- Select Groups on the left-hand side
- Click add group at the top
- Give the group a name (this is parent facing)
- Select the type (Group or whole class)
- Select the teacher that runs the group
- Select the learners from the learners drop-down, you can add as many as you like
- Click create group to save
- You can then schedule group lessons in the same way as individual lessons
- Select Ensembles on the left-hand side
- Click add ensemble at the top-right
- Give the ensemble a name (this is parent facing)
- Select the teacher(s) that run the ensemble
- Select the learners from the learner drop-down
- Click create ensemble to save
- You can then schedule ensemble lessons in the same way as individual lessons