Once you've set up all your learners, your school admin or Head of Department may have already done this for you, the next thing to do is start scheduling in your lessons.
In this section:
- In the app click Lesson Planner on the left hand side:
- Click "add lesson" at the top:
- Select if the lesson is for an individual, group or an empty slot (Top Tip: most teachers use empty slots to block out lunches or drop in sessions or to increase the number of available slots when they rotate students)
- Select the learner/ group this lesson is for
- Select the date and the Start and End time of your lesson (Top tip: the lesson end time will automatically change when you change the start time, using the default lesson length set by your School admin)
- Select if your lesson is in person or online and which room the lesson will take place in:
Top tip: you can also add lessons from the calendar view by clicking and dragging on the calendar:
- Once you're happy with all your lessons for the week you can then publish the lessons to notify the learners and parents
- If you have any lessons that show up with a red ! this means that the lesson clashes with something that has been marked as restricted in the MIS, you can hover over the ! for more information:
Changing lesson times
There are a few different ways to change lesson times from your planner.
1) Click and drag
- The easiest way to change where a lesson sits in your lesson planner is by clicking on the lesson, holding down the click button and dragging the lesson to another time:
- Any areas with red lines on the left side are times when that particular learner has another event in your MIS that is marked as a restriction.
2) Edit the lesson
Another way to edit the lesson time is to click the edit icon on the bottom-right corner of the lesson block to reopen the initial set up window where you can amend the start and end time as well as any other details you want to change:
3) Rotate lessons
The third option to change lesson time is to rotate your lessons, this can also be a good option when you copy your week as a template and want to change the order of lessons.
- Lock any sessions that need to stay at the same time (i.e. 6th formers that have to have lessons at the same time each week or empty slots for breaks) by clicking the padlock:
- Once you're happy with which lessons will rotate and which are locked you can rotate either an individual day or multiple days/ the whole week.
- To rotate a single day simply click the rotate symbol at the top of that day:
- Alternatively to rotate across multiple days tick the boxes to the left of the date and then use "Rotate lessons" at the top of the plan:
Publishing your lessons
Once you're happy with your week's lesson plan the only thing left to do is to publish it, publishing your week will send out the notifications to parents and learners to say when the lesson will be and will also be used to trigger reminders of the lessons as well.
- To publish the week click Publish week in the top-left:
Once you have a week you're happy with you may want to save it as a template for use in the future, particularly if you have the same students each week.
- To do this, click into the "Copy from" drop down at the top-right and click copy week to template:
- Give your template a name and click create
- Now when you go to add a new week you can click copy down and you'll have the option for your template
If you have any questions or issues you can always contact us and we'll be happy to help